Do you know which design styles really appeal to you, or which would work best in your individual living space? Perhaps you’ve thought about incorporating elements of a particular style into your home, but aren’t really sure if they’ll work. The expert interior designers at Bertin’s Decorating Den Interiors break down the many styles of design you have to choose from, and make it easy to find which suits your personality and your home the best!
- Contemporary. This style breaks the traditional rules of design to create a casual, eclectic space that emphasizes the importance of comfort.
- Country. The simple, cozy elements featured in country decor make a home feel more lived-in and personal.
- Eclectic. This style combines elements from various time periods to create a unique, cohesive look.
- Modern. The post war ideals of cutting excess and using materials practically shine through in this style, which focuses heavily on the trends of the 1920s through the 1950s.
- Rustic. This design plays with free-form shapes and natural elements used to make materials to create a comforting and homey environment
- Traditional. This style is very clean and polished. Think stone or porcelain elements, fresh, crisp cotton, antique accessories, and lots of neutral colors.
- Transitional. This style blends the comfort of traditional styles with the clean, sophisticated aspects of contemporary design.